The summer is present here with all its glory and intensity. We can’t avoid this season and its sunburnt weather only by confining ourselves in a room. It can never be possible to refrain ourselves from the regular work scheduled, nor it is a right decision. Escaping from reality can’t be a solution. But, what we can do that is to protect and keep hydrated our bodies by the help of some cold beverages in this hot summer. Otherwise dehydration and shortage of fluids in the body must bring the fatigue and makes us slothful.
Summer is known for its juicy fruits and vegetables which are very beneficial to keep fortified with essential nutrients through a hot and tiring day. Seasonal fruits and veggies which make special cool drinks are not only an intrinsic part of summers, but can create a collective nostalgia also. According to a nutritionist, Venu Adhiya Hirani, “While the general belief is to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water, it is then advisable to drink 12 to 15 glasses of fluids which include water, tea, buttermilk, soup etc. This would amount to an intake of around 2.5 litres of fluids every day.”
Cold beverages must help in flushing toxins out of the body. So, enjoy this summer and refresh yourself by the help and taste of the below mentioned cold drinking.
Cucumber is a juicy food which keeps the body hydrated. This refreshing beverage infuses water with the flavour of cucumber which contains vitamins A, C, and B6, as well as folic acid. Naturally, the drink is super easy to make and really delicious!
- IcedRooibosMintTea Rooibos tea is high in antioxidants. It promotes youthfulness and great skin. A little ice with mint and lemon can make refreshing and detoxifying summer beverage.
- CilantroandJalapenoLimeadeCilantro fills with antioxidants and helps in detoxification, while jalapeno can increase the rate of your metabolism. Lime is high in Vitamin C.
- Basil LemonadeLemons contain with high vitamin C and help in cleansing the body while the basil adds a refreshing flavour to this sugar-free lemonade.
- AguaFrescaThis popular Mexican drink infuses water with fresh fruit.
- NimbuPaaniIt can save you from a severe heat stroke or the nasty hangover. A glass of lemonade with little sweet or salt has been a constant companion. The fact is that it is easy to make with bare minimum ingredients, and plays its role too in its massive popularity. Squeeze a fresh lime in chilled glass of water, add to it a spoonful of sugar or salt and make it one of the ultimate desi cool drinks.
- AamPanna Summers means the season of mangoes. Mango delicacy is an expected matter during the season and that is aam panna which is a rich source of vitamin B, niacin and, of course, vitamin C. This energizing beverage can prevent loss of sodium chloride and iron. This delicious blend is made up of raw mango pulp, with cumin, cardamom powder and mint leaves. The drink is an antioxidant powerhouse and does wonders for the digestion.
- Lassi A nice tall glass of lassi or buttermilk is an expectable thirst quencher during summer. It is also one of the best coolers to beat the heat. A sip of sweet lassi with a generous dollop of malai, is an instant mood filter.
- MasalaChaas Masala chaas is made with curd and host of spices such as salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder. Chaas keeps the body cool and also helps in digestion.
- Watermelon Slushie Summer is not all about mangoes. Next to mango what comes is the delicious juicy and fleshy watermelon. Combine watermelon, sugar, lime juice in a one cup with ice and continue to blend it until you get a smooth slushie.
Keep some chamomile tea in the refrigerator for a few hours. Before drinking, add some honey to it. It is helpful beverage in keep hydrating oneself.
This cooling healthy summer drink loaded with essential nutrients. Badam milk has a delicate cardamom and nuts flavour, which makes it a tempting drink.
- Lemon Ginger SquashThis is an ideal drink as it is full of ginger and lemons. It helps in fighting bloating and congestion.
This is perfect for a hot summer which helps to prevent dehydration, improves digestion, appetite and cardiovascular health. It also helps in fighting against many infections and purifies blood.
A coffee lover can drink a glass of cold coffee is which keeps your body cool.
This combination of lemons and blueberries is delicious which gives the tangy flavour. Add some crushed blueberries in regular lemonade.
Make a mixture of your favourite fruits with yoghurt along with some ice cubes.
This sweet and sparkling drink is helpful during the feeling of dehydration. It is amalgamation of pure grape juice and honey, which provides essential nutrients to the body.
Coconut water is a natural coolant which contains essential nutrients. It helps to fight against the summer heat and reduces body heat.
This beverage keeps you energized through the whole day. Its cooling properties and the orange flavour helps in soothing and filtering your body.
Water plays an important role in everyday life whether it is summer or any other seasons but, what we love most is to keep changing in our tastes. There lies no exception for this summer too when our quench for thirst wants to meet various types of delicious cool drinking or beverages which are good for health.