Already, we are well acquainted with the utility of onion. We can name it as a versatile vegetable that holds some very powerful benefits when it comes to slashing pounds and making your body stronger inside and out. In just 45 calories, this bulb-shaped vegetable can add immense flavour and a powerful punch of nutritious goodness to any dish.
Let’s start the discussion regarding the utilities of onion in our daily life.
1. Help you burn more calories:
Onions contain many flavonoids, including quercetin, which specifically is shown to boost oxidative metabolism. It also may have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce body fat.
2. They have a high amount of soluble fibre:
Out of 1.5 grams of fibre, 1.2 grams of fibre present in half a cup of cooked onion is of the soluble kind. Soluble fibre promotes the slow release of nutrients into our bloodstream, which gives you a constant supply of energy. Moreover, soluble fibre stimulates blood flow by reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Onions make you feel full:
1. Onion Juice For Weight Loss:
Ingredients: A fresh white onion & 24 ounces of water (equivalent to 3 cups of water)
- Peel the skin and slice the onions.
- Put it in a pan.
- Now add 8 ounces of water to it and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Now pour these in a blender.
- Blend it well and add 16 ounces of water to it.
- The onion juice is ready to serve.
2. Raw Onions For Weight Loss:
Ingredients: One raw onion, A dash of black salt and A slice of lemon
- Slice the onion and toss it in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over it.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Eat with your food.
3. Onion Soup For Weight Loss:
Ingredients: 4 large chopped onions, Olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 2 vegetable stock cubes, 1 sliced carrot, 1 ltr. Of water, 2 tbsp. of brown sugar, 2 potatoes, Salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add chopped onions to it.
- Move onions constantly until the colour changes to brown.
- Take another pan and boil water. Then add vegetables, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Now cut the potatoes and carrot. Add it to the pan.
- Cook it on low heat for about an hour.
- Put the soup in a blender and blend until it is thick.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Soup ready to be served
4. Onion Tea For Weight Loss:
- One raw onion
- Lime Juice
- Green tea bag
- Chop the onion.
- Add the pieces to boiling water.
- Once the water changes its colour, add lime juice and green tea bag to the water.
- Filter the tea.
- Add honey for taste.
- Tea is ready to serve.
Onions are really effective in weight loss. They also make our food healthier and tastier. Onions also provide us with a lot of other health benefits as well. Obviously, one should include this onion in their daily dishes in order to make it a habit. Onions are really safe and they do not have any side effects. However, you should consult your doctor if you are allergic to onions.