The monthly menses, on a number of occasions, accounts for you being conscious about issues like the stain, your appearance, the dress that you are wearing whether it is apt or not and so on.
It is very important to make yourself feel as much comfortable as possible during your periods. Other than this mandatory factor you also need to tell yourself to stop being extensively conscious and just focus on maintaining hygienic body and a healthy mind.
Some of the following tactics may help you during your periods of staying calm, relaxed and less conscious all the time about stain –
- Comfortable clothing – Wear clothes that do not constrict near the waist or abdomen area so as to avoid difficulty in breathing. Wear clothes that breathe so that you do not feel hot or sweaty. Try to go for clothes that hold the sanitary pads right in place.
- Avoiding leakage– To avoid leakage use panties that fit-in well. This will hold the pad/tampon accurately. Avoid using loose elasticised panties.
- Period panties– It would be ideal if you use period panties. It is very helpful for heavy periods so as to avoid leakage.
- Maintain hygiene– Keep yourself neat and clean, especially during periods. This involves changing your pads at regular intervals.
- Eat well– To keep nutritional value maintained even during your periods, eat healthy food. Avoid eating cold food as it involves the usage of warm energy to digest it. Eat foods rich in iron as a lot of it lost during periods. Foods rich in iron include organic red meat, liver, egg yolks, spinach, collards, dried prunes, raisins, oysters, clams, scallops, turkey, chicken giblets, beans, lentils, chickpeas, soybeans and artichokes.
- Avoid strong tea– Tannic acid contained in tea may affect the proper absorption of protein and iron in food.
So, these are the ways you can follow to stay fresh, fine and fit.